EM Events Calendar
For the week of 12/11/17 - 12/17/17 (2nd Week of Advent)
1 Corinthians 12:4-21
Thanks to Rev. Paul Lee for reminding us that we all have gifts and how my gifts are for others and how others' gifts are for me.
For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. - 1 Corinthians 12:12
*** KPCOW NEWS ***
• There will be a Service for the Ordination & Installation of Church Officers this Sunday at 11:20 AM in the Sanctuary. The officer's who will be ordained/installed:
Elder: InHyung Han, Aileen Ok, Andrew Yi
• Midweek Worship is OFF for the remainder of 2017.
• Advent is a time that allows us to prepare our hearts for the coming of the Christ. Preparation builds anticipation. Anticipation brings the fullness of joy on Christmas when we remember the gift of God’s son to all of humanity. Here is the link to a short but informative video of what Advent is.
• YAC is hosting a fundraiser called Children's Day. This is a time where your children can kick back and have a fun time: Story-Telling, Games, Arts & Crafts, Movies, etc. Oh and of course a night where parents can treat themselves. ;)
There are 2 dates you can sign up:
- Saturday, December 16, 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM
The suggested donation is $20 an hour. Please sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/bPoiNpotIzwi0jYu2
If you have any questions contact:
| (919) 454-9392
• Thanks to Rev. Paul Lee for sharing the Word with the EM last Sunday and giving a presentation on ministry in Cambodia. Let us pray for the Lee family as they serve faithfully.
• On Sunday, December 24, KPCOW will celebrate Christmas as a community by combining the regular Sunday Worship and the Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship into one church-wide Joint Service of Christmas Worship at 11:20 AM in the Sanctuary. All are invited!
• The 2018 STM: Peru will be from July 7-14. The ministry site will be at The School for the Deaf in San Marin, Peru. Applications will be made available on Sunday, December 10. The deadline for registration is January 14. The financial obligation for a KPCOW member is $500. The minimum age is 16 by July 6, 2018. Please prayerfully consider attending!
• There will be a Teacher's Christmas Dinner on Friday, December 15 at 6 PM in the Guild Room. All TC, CC, YG, KS teachers are warmly invited to attend.
• There will be a Mission Committee Meeting this Saturday, December 16, at 5 PM in the Social Hall. 2017 STM members are invited to join the dinner at 6 PM in the Social Hall.
• There will be a Potluck YG Christmas Party on Saturday, December 16 from 6-9 PM hosted at Deborah and Sang Lee's home.
• There will be a Pastor's Meeting this Sunday, December 17, at 2:30 PM in the Conference Room.
• There will be a CC Search Committee Meeting this Sunday, December 17, at 2:30 PM in the Shalom Room.
• There will be a CC Christmas Party on Saturday, December 23 at 5 PM in the Guild Room. Students will make/decorate gingerbread houses!
• The EM responsibility for the Christmas Lunch on Sunday, December 24:
*** TODDLER'S CLASS ***
*** CHILDREN'S CHURCH ***
*** YOUTH GROUP ***
*** KOREAN SCHOOL ***
• Korean School meets on Sundays at 1:15 PM in the Children's Church Worship Room.
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY ***
) if you are interested in being a Sunday Service Participant (Usher or Prayer) or if there is a scheduling conflict.
• The RCGs will meet EVERY 2nd Sunday of the month and be moved to the 3rd Sunday on long weekends.
2017-18 RCG Leaders:
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
• There is extra church parking in the adjacent municipal parking lot on Sundays. (There is free parking on Sundays and holidays.) We may park in the spot with the sign: “Pay by license plate #.” Please do not park in the numbered permit parking spots. The apartment complex is very active in towing unauthorized cars.
*** PRAYER ***
• Pray for:
-YG Director search process
*** A LOOK AHEAD ***
---->Link to KPCoW Calendar: http://goo.gl/FaYR15.
*** FOR YOUR INFORMATION ***
*Information in this section is not necessarily endorsed by KPCOW. This information is being passed on as a possible benefit to the KPCOW EM
*** CHURCH INFORMATION ***
Korean Presbyterian Church of Westchester
Rev. Jae H. Chung (Interim Pastor): 919.412.9151
• KPCoW Staff days off:
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY CONTACTS ***